26 January 2015

London, January

Places visited: Notting Hill, Portobello Road market, Kensington, Maida Vale, Camden, Waterloo Bridge

I met one of my oldest friends last Saturday with two other girls. It was fun and we were happy to spend the day in quiet and pretty places. We started to walk around Notting Hill and the famous Portobello Road market: it was midday so very crowdy. We saw a stall selling huge pastries (see picture below), we were literally drooling and I personally thought of it for the rest of the day. I will definitely go back and buy some! Then we had a walk in Kensington. It is very quiet, posh and the architecture of the houses is stunning. I don't think a saturday is the best moment if you want nice pictures because people are at home so cars parked in the front ruin the photos.
After lunch we decided to see "Little Venice" so we took the tube to Maida Vale and we walk around the canal. This place was a beautiful gem! You don't feel like you're in London. A quick break and we headed to Camden town. It wasn't the first time I went there but my friends were pretty impressed. It is always a good idea to go in Camden: it's trendy, nice, crazy, young... We stopped in a pub before going on our visit in the City and around. We wanted to see the famous monuments during the night.
I really advise you Waterloo Bridge if you want a beautiful view of London. On a side you can see the London Eye and Big Ben, on the other side you will see St Paul's Cathedral and skyscrapers. 

Here are some of my photos:




 








No comments:

Post a Comment